Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dancing With Cancer Memoirs...ACT

I went for a lovely tandem bike ride with my neighbor this morning to Starbucks at Martin's Grocery Store, about a five mile round trip. This will be my last coffee for at least 28 days. Kris Carr's Adventure Cleanse Tune-up starts tomorrow.

I think this is just what I need after being napalmed so much last year. Between the chemo, radiation from x-rays, CT scans, PET scans, MRI's, and the white chalky crap the doc's make you drink, no wonder I feel shitty and tired so much. Radiation is cumulative, chemo destroys ALL cells and not just cancer cells PLUS trashing your immune system. Add in all the anesthesia from surgeries and various pain-killers and anti-nausea drugs (which didn't work, thanks anyway) and I feel like I'm a radioactive nuclear waste dump. And if my oncologist has his way, I'll be getting more CT scans, PET scans, MRI's and a colonoscopy (*shudder*), just to add insult to injury this year. I need a vacation from doctors, hospitals and their sadistic tools.

So for the next 28 days I will replace:
*all forms of animal blood; foods that once had a face; meat, dairy, eggs, etc
*refined sugar, flour
*processed starches
*coffee
*alcohol
*gluten
*monkey mind
*inactivity
*negativity
*lack of connection to my Divinity

with alkalinity from:
*plant blood (juicing with my juicer)
*whole grains that are gluten-free
*herbal teas
*nut milks
*beans, sprouts, leafies, vegan protein powder, super foods and other sources of protein
*LOTS of veggies, low glicemic fruits
*journaling/blogging
*meditation/prayer/yoga
*sweaty exercise
*loud music (well, this will continue. I love loud music)

The hardest will be coffee. I love coffee. It has become a daily ritual and has been for a long, long time.

There are four levels:
*Adventure Level one - 50/50 - raw to cooked ratio
*Adventure Level two - 70/30 - raw to cooked ratio
*Adventure Level three - raw till dinner, then 80/20
*Adventure Level four - 100% raw with one mini juice fast (up to 3 days)

All levels have a one day green juice fast on Sundays. Nothing but juice, blended soups/smoothies, and herbal teas/infusions (ala Susun Weed, my addition to this 'adventure'). I will be attempting Level Three.

Anyone wanna join me??:)

1 comment:

  1. Hello friend! I have Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and some Chronic Fatigue. All your recommendations are just right for me! I have long ago put several into practice, such as the gluten free and veggie diet. I do Tai Chi and walk as much as possible, that'll depend on the degree of pain i'm undergoing. Nonetheless, I use all of my will power to move my body as much as possible. I believe your Adventure Levels should suit everybody, including healthy people. I find eating nuts and almonds and other foods to replace animal proteins. My blood tests are normal, no anemia! Congrats on your blog, I'm following you! If ou wish to visit my blog, you'll find that I'm mostly a poet, but one that puts great importance on Nature and care of our Planet Earth. I have many links to health sites. Never mind that it's mostly in Spanish, you'll find that the right side column has lots of English stuff!! Best!

    ReplyDelete

I am having problems responding to comments and getting ahold of a tech to help me out with it. Please be patient with me:)