Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dancing With Cancer Memoirs...Crazy Alligator Dreams

Funny, a couple weeks before I found out about I had cancer, I had two dreams that definitely were trying to warn me of something big.

The first dream was of a huge, monstrous live alligator on display at some sort of amusement park. I was trying to hurrying up a long flight of stairs and this beast was lumbering up after me, trying to get me. I made it up the stairs and onto a huge holding tank filled with water for this animal, like what is at Sea World, only no fence between the people and the animal. People kept jumping in and I was screaming warnings but they thought they would be able to get away from this alligator. Most did.

Then one lady jumped in and I was screaming over and over that she wasn't going to make it, she was going to get eaten, but no one paid any attention to me. Suddenly the water started violently churning and quickly turned red and I knew she got eaten. Then I woke up.

The very next night after Giant Croc dream, I had another dream. I was underwater in a large swamp and there were many alligators (probably four feet long, not huge) just...lurking, not moving, like they were waiting for something, just scattered about, close together, but facing me, and I felt a strong sense of foreboding in my dream and this feeling continued after I woke up.

One night about a week or so later, I was idly researching a prehistoric supercroc called Sarcosuchus imperator. There was a fantastic documentary done a few years ago on this animal that lived during the Cretaceous period. Close, but didn't quite look like the one in my dream; dream beast's snout was wider. Then I found the animal that was in my dream: Deinosuchus hatcheri. Here's a link; looks exactly like the one in my first dream: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Deinosuchus_hatcheri.JPG

Here's a link that tells about this creature, and also a link to Sarcosuchus (I love paleobiology).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinosuchushttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcosuchus

Something was definitely wrong, and it was getting harder for me to deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am having problems responding to comments and getting ahold of a tech to help me out with it. Please be patient with me:)