Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dancing With Cancer Memoirs...Accepting Help From Others, Part II

Not only people in 'real-time' have come to my aid, but also people who I have only met on-line, and not in 'real-time,' have been a tremendous support for me.

I am a member of Susun Weed's Wise Woman Forum, a place for people who like working with herbs to gather. I was a moderator for several of the forums b.c (before cancer) since 2003 and even though I resigned from moderator duties, I am still allowed access to the moderators' forum where I am getting so much love and encouragement from the other moderators. If you want to check out this great forum, here's the link: http://www.susunweed.com/wisewomanforum.htm
Many of them have been so very generous, sending me many tinctures and oils and Susun Weed herself (I've been taking a distant learning herbal course from her for a while now) sent me some Poke tincture and a generous supply of Slippery Elm balls (for digestion) and some dried Red Clover herb, a powerful anti-cancer herb. Susun's daughter, Justine, generously sent me an herbal book that I mentioned I wanted to get.

I have also been blessed with the friendship of a powerful intuitive, Danita, with whom I talk on the phone and e-mail on a regular basis. We are both doing energy work on ourselves and we are encouraging each other. She is a most lovely person and the tinctures and oils she has sent me are divine. Check out her websites here:
http://www.sacredsteplifecoaching.com/index.htm
and here:
http://www.sacredstep.com/

My two cyber-pals (who are brother and sister) in Norway. We've been e-mailing each other for over ten years. They have given me tons of encouragement.

I'm sure I'll be blogging about herbs and Nature. They are such a huge part of me. For me, being in Nature is equal to being in church; it is a Spiritual experience and it brings me close to the Divine. Whenever I have an encounter with an intuitive person, they always pick up on that right away. Before I got caught up in the Rat Race of Life, I was quite connected to the Source but sadly I wandered away as I struggled and worried about student loans, house payments and the joys of home ownership, paying the bills, raising my daughter by myself, making enough money, getting involved in a very, very bad relationship, and the endless list we all have to survive. I lost sight of myself and my connection to the Divine. I stopped my herbal studies and spending time in Nature. I became depressed but I would not allow myself to stop; I just kept going and going and going, like the Energizer Bunny, no matter what. I had to be Super Woman minus the lame costume.

Cancer put an end to that illusion, and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am having problems responding to comments and getting ahold of a tech to help me out with it. Please be patient with me:)